and join us on this inspiring photography walk, with professional
photographer Paula Duck. Our photowalks offer a great way to explore
the Bar Walls and York Minster taking in these amazing locations and
history along the way. The aim is to inspire you to stretch your
creative legs when you are out and about with your camera. Whether
you want to just learn the basics, or improve your photography skills
the walk will have top tips for all abilities. Bring any camera
whether it is a DSLR, Point and shoot, mobile or tablet camera. BOOK HERE
route around the Bar Walls
and York Minster:
We start at the Minster with a 360 walk all around the stunning architecture of the Minster, taking in the beauty of the building, then a walk down to the Bar Walls at Bootham Bar and up for a walk along the walls giving wonderful views of the city. We then finish at Monkbar.
Find out more on York Photo Walks
The Bar Walls and York Minster Photo Walk take place every Tuesday at 1.00pm and Thursday and Saturday at 10.00am, we meet at York Art Gallery
The walk takes approximately 1 hour
Our cost per adult is £ 40.00
Our cost Under 16's £10.00
5’s go free
On my walks the numbers are restricted, so that I can accommodate everyone’s needs and questions along the way. Family groups welcome.
these walks you will:
to get more creative with your images,
• Learn about composition and framing your subjects
• How to get the most out of the available light
• Learn how to get the best angles of view
• Help with camera settings
• Lots of encouragement and expert advice
Benefits of a Photo walk:
• Feel more confident when out and about with your camera
• Helps to spark your creativity and imagination
• Meet people with a passion for photography.
• Share and learn with other people.
• Great for your mental health
• Provides a mindful experience.
Free Photography Top tips guide
Please can you provide your phone number in case we have to cancel or reschedule due to adverse weather. We will not use this for any other purposes.
York Photo Walks Opening Hours
Monday to Saturday 9:00am until 6:00pm