Come and join us on this inspiring photography walk, with professional photographer Paula Duck. Our photo walks combine an opportunity to capture the beauty of The Museum Gardens and all its history and nature along with photography tuition, The aim is to inspire you to stretch your creative legs when you are out and about with your camera.
Whether you want to just learn the basics, or improve your photography skills the walk will have top tips for all abilities. Bring any camera whether it is a DSLR, Point and shoot, mobile or tablet camera. BOOK HERE
route around the gardens:
A beautiful photo walk in the grounds of The Museum Gardens will take in The Octaganal Roman wall, The Yorkshire Museum, a stroll to the outstanding ruins of St.Mary’s Abbey, the remains of the Roman walls and St Leonard’s Hospital, plus a walk to the secret garden. We will meander down to The Hospitium and take a look at the stunning array of plants and wildlife. There are always so many beautiful subjects to practice your photography on, we will learn lots of creative techniques to take your photography to the next level.
out more on York
Museum Gardens Photo Walk,
10.00am and Friday
at 2:00 pm,
we meet at Museum Gardens main entrance
The walk takes approximately 1 hour
Our cost per adult is £ 40.00
Our cost Under 16's £10.00
5’s go free
On my walks the numbers are restricted, so that I can accommodate everyone’s needs and questions along the way. Family groups welcome.
On these walks you will:
to get more creative with your images,
• Learn about composition and framing your subjects
• How to get the most out of the available light
• Learn how to get the best angles of view
• Help with camera settings
• Lots of encouragement and expert advice
Benefits of a Photo walk:
• Feel more confident when out and about with your camera
• Helps to spark your creativity and imagination
• Meet people with a passion for photography.
• Share and learn with other people.
• Great for your mental health
• Provides a mindful experience.
Free Photography Top tips guide
Please can you provide your phone number in case we have to cancel or reschedule due to adverse weather. We will not use this for any other purposes.
York Photo Walks Opening Hours
Monday to Saturday 9:00am until 6:00pm